ABOUT BLUE SKIES CONSULTING (BSC)
Our firm specializes in enabling strategic business transformation programs. We integrate technology, data, process, and people dimensions to design and deliver comprehensive solutions for digital and enterprise transformation initiatives.
We are a specialty boutique founded by industry veterans with the mission of creating a community of professionals who are driven by relentless pursuit of excellence and who also value professional and personal quality of life.
Our clients are our partners, and our relationships are the foundation of our firm. We support large scale global organizations in projects involving new technology implementations, corporate re-organization, and growth initiatives. We enable our partners’ success by connecting the dots across process, technology, data, and people dimensions. Our consultants drive program leadership and technology strategy, manage end-to-end enterprise data activities, and simplify organizational change.
We are expanding our data practice and looking for enterprise data experts who are interested in growing their career by working on large scale data-heavy transformation projects and being a part of a growing data practice. To be successful in this role you need to be comfortable with delivering best in class data management services. Examples include:
- You intimately understand the data lifecycle, data governance, data architecture and integration, master data management, data migration, and business intelligence.
- You have a hybrid skillset that includes a technical understanding of how data is technically used and stored as well as knowledge of business processes concerning how data can best be used to solve the business problems.
- You are a thought leader in the data space, coming up with innovative ways and approaches to make processes efficient.
- You are lucid in communicating complex ideas in written and verbal form coupled with keen emotional intelligence and polished etiquette to deliver insights, manage conflicts with diplomacy, and influence outcomes.
- You are a master of group dynamics, with demonstrated aptitude for promoting collaboration, engagement from team members, and driving team productivity.
- You are a poised and mission focused leader who can initiate and drive action in ambiguous circumstances.
- You embrace the role of the servant leader who is passionate about team success and first to get in the trenches to do the heavy lifting to drive outcomes.
- You are a disciplined tactician with proficiency in resolving dynamic problems through agility and flexibility.
Experience and Skills
- At least 7-10 years of consulting experience at a recognized firm working with multi-national clients
- Experience in a Data Leadership role on at least 3 large-scale transformation initiatives
- Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Expertise in industry leading practices for managing the data lifecycle, establishing data governance, defining data standards, managing data conversion activities, and establishing business intelligence/reporting capabilities
- Direct experience in applying project management and data management best practices to create tactical execution plans for cross-functional teams
- Technical knowledge of database architecture and integrations, including how data is instantiated at the database level vs functional level, APIs, and technical error handling
- Experience working with multiple data management, data transformation, data migration, ETL tools (MDM Infomatica, Collibra, Talend, Syniti, SAP Master Governance MDG, Reltio, SAP BODS)
- Expertise in creating executive communications and PMO status reporting
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate complex technical subject matter in all formats (email, presentations, Excel based)
- High emotional intelligence and demonstrated ability to build and lead highly effective diverse and multi-cultural teams
- Experience with handling multiple data workstreams on a project, for example: data governance, data migration, master data management, data quality
- Expertise in driving data workshops, capturing data requirements and connecting with process/functional needs for the program
Nice to Have Technical/Functional Experience:
- BI/Report writing
- Data modeling (conceptual, logical and physical models)
- Process mapping
- Data maturity assessments
- Next-gen data capabilities leveraging Machine Learning and AI technologies
Preferred Industry/Subject Matter Experience:
- Life Sciences
- Supply chain and operations
- Transformation projects in complex highly-matrixed global organizations